Happy New Year from Harbage Consulting(Jan 04, 2017)
By Hilary Haycock
President, Harbage Consulting
As we move into 2017, Harbage Consulting is proud of the great work accomplished with our clients over the past year. We know there is a lot of work ahead of us, and we look forward to helping our clients achieve their goals and working together to protect the Medicaid program and the health care safety net in a changing environment.
A few highlights from 2016:
- Our Medicaid Policy team helped design and implement state Medicaid initiatives designed to improve the health care system, including:
- California’s delivery system reform and Drug Medi-Cal waiver;
- Proposals to improve maternal and child health programs in Baltimore City;
- West Virginia’s substance use disorder waiver;
- Colorado’s delivery system transformation initiative; and
- Louisiana’s eligibility renewal process as part of its Medicaid expansion.
- Our Communications & Outreach team worked to ensure that more than 10,000 Californians who are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid, providers, and other stakeholders have clear and actionable information about the Coordinated Care Initiative, including holding 80 webinars and more than 50 outreach events such as town halls, resource fairs, health fairs, presentations, webinars, and other events.
- Our Behavioral Health team worked with more than a dozen clients across California and the nation to continue to help improve how Medicaid beneficiaries receive mental health and substance abuse disorder treatment services.
- Our firm launched a new website, as well as a blog and Facebook page, to stay better connected with our clients, partners and friends.
We want to thank our clients and friends for your continued partnership and we look forward to the opportunity to continue our work together in 2017!