20 Mar Celebrating the Harbage Team’s Professional Growth
By Hilary Haycock, President
“I measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her fellow human beings.” – Margaret Mead
I am excited and proud to announce some important staffing changes within our firm. As you know, Harbage Consulting’s mission is to promote access to comprehensive, high-quality, affordable health coverage and care and every member of our team is dedicated to that mission. We pride ourselves on our relationship-driven approach to client service and the changes we are announcing today will further solidify that commitment. I am pleased to announce the following promotions:
- Jennifer Ryan will be assuming the role of Executive Vice President of Harbage Consulting, where she will continue her leadership roles related to client service and firm operations, as well as collaborating with me on the management and strategic direction of the business.
- Molly Brassil has been promoted to the position of Vice President for Behavioral Health Policy. Molly will continue to lead our Behavioral Health team and our many client projects supporting the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) and other clients, while also developing new business opportunities.
- Carol Backstrom has been promoted to the position of Vice President for Medicaid Policy. Carol will lend both her policy and management expertise to this role and will oversee the Medicaid Policy portfolio going forward. In addition, she will continue her involvement in relationship and business development for the firm nationally.
- Maria Sigua has been promoted to Director of Operations. Maria will continue to be responsible for all company activities related to human resources and the firm’s accounting activities.
- Monika Vega has been promoted to Deputy Director for Outreach & Engagement, leveraging her long history with the firm’s Outreach Team to support Ryan MacDonald in leading the Coordinated Care Initiative stakeholder engagement on behalf of DHCS and other projects involving on-the-ground engagement with stakeholders, providers, and consumers.
- Courtney Kashiwagi has been promoted to the position of Associate Director for Behavioral Health Policy and will continue to provide leadership and project management for our team working on improved access to mental health and substance use disorder services.
- Megan Thomas has been promoted to the position of Associate Director for Medicaid Policy. She will continue to play an integral role in providing strategic advice regarding quality and performance measurement and supporting key client projects.
Thank you for your interest in the important work we do on behalf of our clients, as well as the larger mission of promoting access to health coverage and care.