Harbage Consulting has supported the DHCS leadership team in developing and implementing the CCI program for over five years. Initial activities included:
- Developing and implementing a robust stakeholder engagement process to inform the design and implementation of the CCI;
- Facilitating a series of workgroups with a diverse set of stakeholders including health plans, consumer and disability advocates and providers, as well as various state agencies to ensure that stakeholders had input on key issues; and
- Drafting workgroup summary reports and providing DHCS with policy recommendations related to care coordination, health plan readiness, and beneficiary education that have informed the evolution of the program.
As the CCI has evolved, Harbage Consulting continued to lead stakeholder engagement efforts in support of DHCS in order to help them meet the needs of California’s dually eligible beneficiaries. Harbage Consulting continues to:
- Facilitate meetings and large stakeholder events with state agency leaders, advocates, and consumers;
- Develop policy and messaging materials including policy briefs, charts, informational tools, and website content for DHCS;
- Engage and educate a wide range of providers about the CCI program and on how to talk to beneficiaries about what it means for them, using presentations, trainings, Train the Trainers, Lunch n’ Learns, and provider-specific toolkits and materials;
- Organize widely attended provider forums in order to facilitate communication between health plans and provider organizations, identify operational and implementation issues, showcase best practices, develop solutions, and encourage providers to explore new ideas on how to improve care for beneficiaries;
- Educate beneficiaries through direct consumer outreach, facilitation of tele-town hall meetings, the development of consumer-facing outreach and education materials, including fact sheets, presentations, informational toolkits and a consumer-friendly website;
- Staff a team of on-the-ground outreach coordinators from across the state in CCI counties to build relationships and work closely with other local beneficiary resources; and
- Provide project management support and strategic advice on program implementation and evolution.